USDA Home Loans
Now Available to Millions in Rural and Urban Areas
What is a USDA Loan?
Issued as an official loan through the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), these home loans are constructed to help buyers with lower-than-average incomes and low credit qualify for a mortgage loan. Even in today’s active market, if you’re moving to a rural or suburban area, a USDA loan could help you get into a home of your own.
The American dream of homeownership has become more difficult as families struggle to come up with the 20% down payment that many conventional home loans require. With a USDA loan millions of Americans can now hope for a qualification on a zero-down payment loan.
Do I Qualify for a USDA Home Loan?
In the past, USDA Loans were often called “farmers loans” but times have changed. Almost anyone, outside of a major metropolitan area, looking to purchase a home today in a rural or suburban area, can qualify for an USDA loan. Eligibility varies based on the individual’s area of purchase, income and credit history. The home must be bought with intent to use it as the primary residence of the applicant and must be a single-family home.
It’s important that you call and speak with one of our experts to receive specific quotes and a personalized plan to best fit your mortgage needs.
The following requirements are needed to be eligible to apply for a USDA Loan:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- The property you wish to buy or renovate is located in an eligible rural or suburban area and the home will serve as your primary residence.
- Stable, dependable income sufficient to make the loan payments.
- Income is sufficiently below local median income for your area.
- For USDA direct loans, the property you’re intending to buy must be under 2,000 square feet in area.
- You don’t own another home.
- Must be applying for a single-family home
USDA Home Loans
Request A Loan Call
Complete the form below to receive a call back from one of our best representatives. All consultations are FREE.
Get pre-qualified over the phone in minutes.
If you are just getting started you may want to click the button below and fill out the short form.